Tax Notes logo

Sec. 7001 Collection of foreign items

  • Internal Revenue Code of 1986
  • Chapter 72 -- Licensing and Registration
  • Subchapter A -- Licensing

(a) License. All persons undertaking as a matter of business or for profit the collection of foreign payments of interest or dividends by means of coupons, checks, or bills of exchange shall obtain a license from the Secretary and shall be subject to such regulations enabling the Government to obtain the information required under subtitle A (relating to income taxes) as the Secretary shall prescribe.

(b) Penalty for failure to obtain license. For penalty for failure to obtain the license provided for in this section, see section 7231.

Copy RID